Erectile Dysfunction Specialist in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Allen Morey is an world reknown reconstructive urologist in Dallas, Texas that is highly trained and experienced in helping men dealing with severe cases of erectile dysfunction. Dr. Morey has been treating ED for years and combines extensive experience with a compassionate approach to care. As a specialist in the area of men's sexual health, Dr. Morey is able to test and accurately diagnose your problem, providing you the most effective treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Dallas Men's First Stop and Last Stop for Erectile Dysfunction
Having erectile dysfunction or ED, can significantly impact your quality of life and relationships. Thankfully, fellowship-trained urologist Allen Morey, MD offers the most comprehensive treatment options in the Wilmington area that will help men put an end to their bout with ED. Being highly trained and experienced in men's sexual health, Dr. Morey is able to provide a full spectrum of options to treat urinary and reproductive system problems, including erectile dysfunction.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction: It’s common, and it’s treatable.
If you are dealing with erectile dysfunction (ED), you are not alone: nearly one in every four men over sixty-five will experience some degree of erectile dysfunction.1 Younger men often struggle with ED as well. By taking the time to educate yourself about ED, you’ve made an important first step in finding a solution to erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Erectile Dysfunction is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Erectile Dysfunction can be:
- A total inability to achieve an erection – You can never get an erection.
- An inconsistent ability to do so – You can only occasionally get an erection.
- A tendency to sustain only brief erections – You can get an erection, but can’t keep it long enough for satisfying sex.
What Causes ED?
As a result of recent medical research, it is now known that more than 80% of men suffering from ED can trace its origin to a physical problem or disorder.
For most men, the cause of ED can now be fairly easily identified. Once identified, proper treatment can be recommended that may help you return them to a satisfying sex life.
ED can be caused by physical disorders such as:
- An injury (i.e. brain or spinal cord)
- A disease (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
- Various studies have estimated that between 20% – 71% of individuals with diabetes suffer from erectile dysfunction.2
- An operation (i.e. prostate gland removal)
- Substance use (i.e. tobacco, drugs, alcohol or medications)
Other facts about Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence):
- Approximately 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Most men with erectile dysfunction still have the ability to have an orgasm and father a child, but often have difficulty doing these things because they can’t get or sustain an erection.
- Erectile dysfunction is not normal and is by no means an inevitable consequence of aging.
- Most men at one time or another during their sexual lives are unable to get or keep an erection. This is normal and does not indicate a problem. However, millions of men of all ages experience this inability as a continuing problem.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction can be overcome.
- Rosen R, et al. The process of care model for evaluation and treatment of erectile dysfunction. Int’l J. Impotence Research. 1999; 11, 59-74,
- Penson D, et al. Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Patients. Diabetes Spectrum. 2004, Vol 17, No. 4, 225-230.
Schedule an Erectile Dysfunction Consultation in McKinney
If you're experiencing symptoms of erectile dysfunction contact Dr. Allen Morey today to schedule a consultation for testing and treatment. To schedule your consultation at our urology clinic in McKinney, TX, please call 877-416-0441. Dr. Morey will take the time to determine the cause of your ED and determine the treatment that best fits your needs.